Moving Day

... is fast approaching. And it's hectic. Of course, the goal was to have weeks to move at a nice and paced out tempo. Of course, work had to get nuts right around that time... and the last month was spent focused on the computer monitor and not on my mountainous terrain of an apartment.

Dawnette gave me that "I told you so" text last night as I sent my worried vibes to her over the phone. Down to the last minute again. Now the last two times I moved, it was a super-rushed move. Hmm, the most recent time, I didn't take a day off work, moved in the evening / middle of the night, and filled the U-Haul with plastic grocery bags full of stuff. Ugh, didn't wanna do that one again... but I might just have to. Except in larger bags. Like giant garbage bags.

I've been trying to use this move as an opportunity to sort and trash some stuff. It's funny the things you want to keep when you first move out, that seem completely insignificant now. On the other hand, I'm a pack rat, and I have a lot that I wanna have with me, but won't touch until I'm 60 or something. Or maybe if I have kids one day. If, not when, people.

Anyway, the craziest part of the whole deal is that I have to fit an entire 1 bedroom apartment into a bedroom that's smaller than my 1 bedroom apartment's bedroom. Of course, there's some leeway, since the day bed and some of the arts/crafts stuff (I have TOO much of that) will go in the spare bedroom (thaaaank goodness). That will be our creative room / guestroom when people visit. I can't fill the whole room up though!

Either way, the challenge became VERY real when I brought down two filled up giant plastic bags full of sneakers, and realized that I still had lots left at the apt. Where in the WORLD are these sneakers going to go!? They took up a good chunk of my living room in the last apt.

My girls Dawnette and Paula will be helping with the move, as well as the boys. I'm hoping to get everything fairly organized tomorrow so all the boys really gotta worry about is dragging crap out of the apartment and stuffing it into the U-Haul, then vice versa once we get it all down to Morrow. To Morrow. Not tomorrow. Though... by that point, it might be... tomorrow? Ok nevermind.

Pictures of the adventure and craziness will follow. I promise. Because I need to document the proof of my genius as I shrink down the crap into my bedroom. If I succeed.

Cheers!
Tammy

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Behind the Squishes

Dawnette is a witch, but don't tell the Salem Witch Trials that. She's a miracle worker who massages the insanity out of people's muscles. Also, she's a bgirl, family therapist (for her family), my best friend (yes this is Tammy, aka Cadence, writing this), and a buncha other amazing things. I couldn't stay sane without her. Srrrsly.
Tammy is...hmmm...a force..srrrsly. Drawing, photography, bgirling to name a few of her crafts. Her mind works like none other I've ever met. Sometimes it's hard for me to even grasp how the things that creep into her mind are manifested. It's both frightening and fascinating. Watching her create is such a treat. And when making creations with her it's hard to imagine how we get anything finished with the A.D.D. and bouts of uncontrollable laughter. Without her I wouldn't fully realize my own sense of creativity. Srrrsly.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP